Do you feel ashamed and embarrass because of excessive sweating? Do you sweat more than those around you? Even without any stress, exercise or any other emotional disrupts? This may be causing you problem in your social and work life. You may have a medical condition called hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating. I know, because I also had the same problem until I knew about it and read, researched and applied the solutions myself. And I have consulted many doctors, medications with no good result.
What is hyperhidrosis?
Sweating is a normal thing if it is not excessive. It is the way to cool down our body temperature to restricting it to overheat itself. But if it is way more than the normal, when you can`t stop yourself to sweat in a cool weather and not so tense situation. People notice your sweat dripping from forehead, face, underarms and even from the hands then it is a problem of hyperhidrosis or excessive heating.
There are two conditions of hyperhidrosis. One is primary (also called focal ) hyperhidrosis and the other is Secondary hyperhidrosis.
This is the most common form of hyperhydrosis. It develops in the days of adolescent and adulthood. This is not a serious medical condition. People with it are otherwise healthy and do not need any other medical treatment. This is called focal or localized because it affects in the certain parts of the body. It can affect the face, palms, feet, underarms, overhead etc. Ok, why this Primary thing happen? Like many things science or the doctors have no proper answer for this. But they figured out that it may be due to a small malfunctioning of the nervous system. Do you are nervous like me in most of the situations and sweat unnecessarily? And it may be rooted in your ancestry. Your grandfather might had suffered from primary focal or localized hyperhidrosis!
Though you do not have to be worried or any serious medical condition but it embarrass you very much. Your personal, professional life can be ruined by it. Why you have to feel ashamed without doing anything?
Treatments of primary hyperhidrosis:
You already know that there is no cure to this. But we can control it to a level which is comfortable for us. Some of the treatments are..
- Medications prescribed by doctors or dermatologist.
- Antiperspirants that are prescribed such as sprays and lotions to disable the sweat glands.
- Iontophoresis is the treatment system where the doctor uses low level of electrical impulses for temporary relieve.
- Botox injections for underarm excessive sweating which stops stops the sweat glands from reacting.
- The last option is the surgery. One is done by cutting a nerve in the chest and the other is to remove some of the sweat glands.
- Psychotherapy is also a effective way to control the hyperhidrosis if it is causing by some mental stress and problems. Psychotherapy helps to learn to control your emotions. They acan also solve the psychological problems which are caused by pathological perspiration.
Secondary Hyperhidrosis is the condition where you sweat over the whole body. Not only the feet, face or some specific parts of your body as in the case of Primary Hyperhidrosis. It is a serious matter and needs imediate medical attention. It is called secondary because it is caused by a secondary factor.
Some of the factors which can cause to Secondary Hyperhidrosis are.
- Thyroid Problems
- Heart diseases
- Parkinson`s disease
- Diabetes etc.
Treating Secondary Hyperhidrosis can be done by first treating the cause which triggered it.
Let us talk about some home remedies about solving excessive sweat problem:
Try these simple things, and you may have to never visit a doctor for this.
- Drink a glass of tomato juice every day.
- Take a cup of Sage tea tea everyday. It helps to neutralize the underarms sweat glands as it contains magnesium and vitamin B.
- Eat lots of grapes as they has loads of antioxidants which balance the temperature of the body.
- Take two hundred gram of raw turmeric and grind it. Then rub it at the targeted area or the whole body.
- Take some curry leaf and grind it in a grinder and rub on the parts of excessive sweating.
Some other things to do.
- Meditate regularly. Learn here how to Meditate.
- Drink lots of water to replace fluids and electrolytes lost through sweating.
- Remove foods that increase your sweating from your menu.
- Wear cotton cloths and comfortable good quality shoes.
- Do some cardiovascular exercises like walking, cycling, swimming, soccer etc.
- Wash dried sweat off of your face and body for optimum comfort.
So, stop hiding yourself in the home and get out to pursue your goal or target. Do not be embarrassed anymore. Try some natural home remedies or just consult the doctor or health professionals.
One last WORD. Do NOT let excessive sweating hinder your personal and professional life.